Monday, October 26, 2009

Good Music NTB


I really love music. From playing to listening I think I can appreciate good music of any kind. After starting off my musical life with very fast and heavy music from punk rock to speed metal I have made a nice recovery. I would say that I spend the majority of my time listening to old country, newgrass, some pop radio and definitely rock of any kind.

My normal pattern is that I buy an album and hate it the first time through. But as time goes by I start to really love the music. This has been the case with countless bands and releases.

It is pretty rare that I hear something that I love right off the bat. This has been the case with the band Need to Breathe. Their new album is really good and I have probably listened to the song "Something Beautiful" about a dozen times in the last 24 hours. The song actually brings on a very strong emotion in me from the first line which says "In your ocean Im ankle deep". Just awesome. I would have to say that it is probably one of my favorite worship songs that I have heard in a long time.

I love that a great band with cool guys can manage a level of diversity in their music in a way that they dont need to be pinned down to anything. Its nice to hear something thats a bit different, fresh and well done. Not only that but it also really puts me in a mindset that probably brings more glory to Christ than listening to Metallica.

No comments:

Post a Comment