Sunday, October 18, 2009

The Gym


Since this is early on in my blog days I can assure you that this will be the first of many blog posts. Im pretty sure I could probably write an entire book on gym culture and just how crazy a 30 minute trip to the gym can be.

My gym in particular is Golds Gym on James Island. I would say its more of a college kids and young working adults kind of place. Its not really a meathead hangout or a middle aged parent feel. There is plenty of testosterone coupled with scantily clad women but I guess that a gym has really just become a place for single (or not) people to hook up whether straight, homosexual, young or old. So, this is to be expected.

Then there are the things that are not to be expected. Today, there was a man with very short shorts on. When I say short I mean like not really leaving much to the imagination. Couple that with a wife beater tank top and high tube socks, white leather shoes a mustache and the fact that he kept staring at other men...well it made me uncomfortable.

It just makes me wonder what his life is like outside of the gym. Does he have friends that dress like him too? Does he have a wife that told him to dress like that at the gym? Does he think that looks tough? What is his everyday clothing? Am I looking at it?

Maybe I just wish that I could get away with wearing something like that to the gym. For now, I will stick to a t-shirt and boardshorts. No one wants to see me wearing a pair of short shorts.

No comments:

Post a Comment