Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Did that just happen?

There is a feeling that I get at times (though not very often) where I can not articulate my thoughts. I am confronted with something that is so big or so multi-faceted that I simply lose the ability to communicate in even a somewhat orderly fashion. To me, those are amazing moments because so often I find myself as an overly calculated person who only experiences true excitement when it is provoked by something major.

And I know that it is something major when everyone around me notices something different. Normally I can be going through pretty much anything in my life whether it is stress, fear, joy, anxiety, happiness or mourning and the average person cant tell much of a difference in the way I act, think or speak. So when everyone is taking notice and I feel such a range of thought and emotion all at one time it is a unique experience.

I had one of those moments yesterday.

I had a conversation that left my mind racing in all different directions trying to make sense out of what was said. In the same moments were excitement about unlimited potential, guard against overly high expectations, dreams of new opportunties and the stress that comes with the unknown.

Its definitely one of those things that you wake up the next morning wondering if it really happened. It did happen and I was left with several key truths today:

  • God is good and he works in ways that we will never understand
  • He has chosen to use myself and the people around me to be a part of what He is doing in the world
  • His timing and resources are limitless
  • His vision for this work exceeds anything that we originally dreamed

I find great peace, joy and trust in those things.

No comments:

Post a Comment