Friday, March 19, 2010

Disturbing

Little miss Elliott Ables was at the house last night and was wandering around so I decided to pick her up and take a stroll. Generally, my beard and sunglasses keep her entertained for at least a little while but I thought of something even more interesting to do with our time. In my mind I thought "she would like to see collection of once alive animals in my office". So off we went.

Once we got there I found myself saying the word "bird" over and over. She slapped the turkey wings a couple times, tried to stare down the pheasant and was somewhat confused by the fish. After I had said "bird" about 70 times and had her saying it along with me I suddenly became very aware that I have dead birds in my office. I actually really hate most birds so this was a disturbing realization.

Perhaps even more disturbing is the fact that I thought a tiny little girl with a pink monogrammed backpack would like to see it all. Animals are generally more enjoyable when they are alive like at a zoo. That's fun and it makes sense. Dead turkeys that look like they're flying in a holding pattern around your office is just strange.

Im sorry Elliott. You can start praying now for my kids.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad yu've finally seen the light... taxidermy is, in fact, dead animals :)

    I've been praying for our kids for years now so not to worry.

    ReplyDelete