Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Just No.


There is no excuse for using the bathroom on a one hour plane ride. Im sorry but theres just not. First of all, shame on you for not going in the airport while you sat there and stared at the gate agent wondering when he/she was going to announce your flight. You clearly had ample time to do so and you chose not to. This is your fault so dont punish everyone else. Secondly, show a little bit of self control for crying out loud. I mean seriously, its like the plane hits 10000 feet and your bladder hits its breaking point? The fasten seatbelt sign goes off and its always a race to the lavatory. Gross. That thing smells bad regardless of what goes on in there and the people in the back of the plane just get suffocated with it.

After we had flown around the world we had our last flight of the day which is a one hour flight from DC to CHS. Our group had just gotten off of a 17 hr flight and we dominated the majority of the flight. But I swear that every person that was not in our group made a dash to the toilet after ten minutes. This was one of those way too small planes so the whole flight was like a nice cruise in a porta-john.

It bothered me. Drake noticed it. He said that I would write something about it. Here it is.

6 comments:

  1. One excuse...being pregnant. Unless you ever get pregnant, you can't argue this one. Ask Mark about the time we drove to Atlanta when I was 32 weeks pregnant?...how many times I asked him to pull over so I could go to the bathroom?...more importantly, his not-so-loving reaction EVERY time I asked?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have actually been pregnant twice and I still feel there is no excuse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the rage, the rage!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, I agree with Matt. The atmospheric pressure is considerably less at higher altitudes and therefore should contribute to a lower bladder pressure and therefore less need, in theory, to urinate. The typical person, however, has the urge to urinate with only 100ml of urine in the bladder, and the EXTREME urge with about 300ml. Also, a typical person can hold urine for 6-8hrs while sleeping. Make of this what you will...
    ed

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Matt, I just have to laugh at this....considering that Mandie and I were sitting practically in the bathroom in the backseat....and seriously, it was a revolving door, with a line at one point. really? really? Is it really necessary to even have a bathroom on that short of a flight?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rachel - that is exactly why I wrote this blog. Its somewhat normal for there to be a few people get up but it was absurd how many people were up and waiting. I felt bad for you guys having to catch the draft each time the door opened.

    ReplyDelete